Cambridge CELTA or DLC TEFL?
Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
Durban Language Centre offers two TEFL courses.
The Part-time CELTA course runs for 10 weeks and is suitable for those who are working or studying full-time.
The Full time Cambridge CELTA course runs for 5 weeks and is suitable for those who are able to study full time for 1 month. Both courses are very similar, with the same methodology and teaching assessment. Both CELTA courses are externally moderated by Cambridge, so you receive a certificate from the University of Cambridge English Assessment.
CLICK HERE TO BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION:
CELTA – Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages The gold standard teaching qualification.
CELTA gives you the opportunity to develop your teaching practice, knowledge and hands-on experience to build your confidence in the classroom and secure a better teaching position.
Fact: Three out of four English language teaching jobs require a CELTA qualification.*
Key features of CELTA
- The most widely recognised English teaching qualification in the world
- Provides hands-on teaching experience and observation of experienced teachers that help
build your confidence in the classroom
- CELTA can give you the training you need to work and travel the world
- Gives you the essential skills and knowledge you need to teach English as a foreign language
to adults and older teenagers
- It’s developed by Cambridge Assessment English, the world’s leading provider of teaching
qualifications and courses and part of the University of Cambridge
Who is CELTA for?
- New teachers starting their career
- First-language English speakers and non-first-language speakers
- Experienced teachers who want to develop their skills
- Teachers who want to travel and teach English
- Online study only for the rest of 2021
- Covers the principles of effective teaching and gives you a range of teaching techniques and
- Teaching practice, feedback and observation of teaching are at the heart of the CELTA
course, which is what makes it such a practical course. You’ll also receive tutorial support
and help with planning lessons
- It’s flexible – it can be taken full time over 4–5 weeks or part time over a few months
- The minimum requirements to take CELTA are that you must have an English level of C1–C2
or above and are age 18 or over.
The Full time Cambridge CELTA course:
- Dates: 21 June to 23 July 2021
- This is an intensive option for candidates who need to get qualified quickly.
- Sessions are every day, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from 09:30 – 16:00 (with breaks and lunch). No online classes on Wednesdays
- We start teaching practice from the second week, which gives candidates more time to plan than a 4-week course.
The Part-time CELTA course:
- This course has the same content and number of teaching practice hours as the full time course, but you have twice the time to complete your assessment.
- The first two weeks are devoted to getting used to studying online and observing experienced teachers. We then develop your understanding of methodology, English grammar and phonology. You will watch a number of demo lessons before you are expected to teach, so you can observe your students before meeting them.
- Dates: 21 June – 27 August 2021
- Times: Teaching practice takes place on Monday & Wednesday afternoons from 12 – 4:00 pm (South African time) and input sessions are on Friday from 12 – 3:30.
- Dates: 19 July – 24 September 2021
- Times: Teaching practice takes place on Monday & Wednesday evenings from 5:30 9:30pm (South African time) and input sessions are on Friday from 5:30 9:30pm
CLICK HERE FOR TEFL:
Cambridge University CELTA
A Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Speakers of Other languages) is more than just a certificate course. It is a gateway to possibility. Learn to teach English in just 4 weeks, and unlock thousands of job opportunities.
The CELTA is the internationally recognised minimum requirement for quality English language teachers.
The Cambridge CELTA is an intensive full-time course which runs for 5 weeks, from Monday to Friday 9:00 – 16:00. For more information about the course, complete our application form below.
CLICK HERE to complete an application.